Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Soundtrack to my life!


“We’re in This Together” by Nine Inch Nails
Nine Inch Nails is my favourite band in the history of life. Trent Reznor, the singer, gives me solace no matter how terrible I feel. This song in particular is special because it was the reason my fiancé and I started talking; if it had not been for this song, I may have never actually bonded with him.
“Ein Lied” by Rammstein
This is one of the softer of their pieces and, by far, my favourite. The background music is haunting and the lyrics, about a song that is played for those who love music when they need it, are beautiful. I listen to it when I need a pick-me-up or to sleep; it works for almost all occasions.
“Another Year” by Amanda Palmer
Amanda Palmer is one of my female idols; she brazen, loud, and brilliant. This song is particular talks about waiting another year to do what you want to and being left behind. I love this song because whenever I feel like putting anything off, I think of this song and try to force myself forward.
“Suavemente” Elvis Crespo
This song is super Puerto Rican and I love it. I heard it all the time as a kid and, somehow, at every family function. Whenever I hear it, I think of my family, Miami (my old hometown), and my heritage, which I sometimes feel like can get lost on this campus.
“Talk to Strangers” by Saul Williams
            This is one of the most poetic, intellectual, inspirational songs I have ever heard. It speaks to me on multiple levels and really helps me out a lot on this campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment